Re: [opensuse] running a script at end of boot with systemd
  • From: Graham Anderson <graham.anderson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2011 22:44:09 +0100
On Saturday 31 Dec 2011 09:27:56 jdd wrote:
Hello,

I need to launch virtual machines at the end of the server's boot;

I can do it manually ("VBoxHeadless -startvm s-r", s-r is the virtual
machine name)

But I want to:

* start the virtual machine automatically
* close the machine gracefully on shutdown (UPS warning)

with inits, I have a "boot.last", but now I'm on openSUSE 12.1 with
systemd and I don't know anymore - it's not really "a service" - I beg.

any link or hint?

thanks
jdd

Jean-Daniel,

If there no existing unit file for vbox, perhaps you might create one with the
options you feel are appropropriate and submit back to factory. I think the
systemd.unit man page covers most of what you might need.

joyeux Réveillon,
Graham