[opensuse] Re: running a script at end of boot with systemd
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2011 21:12:32 +0100
Le 31/12/2011 18:50, Cristian Rodríguez a écrit :
On 31/12/11 05:27, jdd wrote:
Hello,

I need to launch virtual machines at the end of the server's boot;

There is no reliable way to do what you want, the old init system had
a SUSE specific specific $ALL target, this does not exist in systemd,
and probably never will.

I see a vboxes init, beginning with:/

# chkconfig: - 91 35
# Based on
# http://www.amiryan.org/2009/11/04/virtualbox-init-d-service-autostart-scriptu
#
# By Richard Bos <rbos at opensuse dot org> - May 2010

I never noticed it before (dated may 2010), but seems to do what I need

but is it wise to use init script in this time of systemd migration?

It's also unusefully complicated for my simple needs. I know what is installed, so no need to check, I think VirtualBox only need network and I would like to run it as the user "virtual", "sudo virtual && command" should work

I yet have to look for a shutdown similar command, but I'm pretty sure there is one

thanks
jdd