Re: [opensuse] Newbie has problems installing 12.1 with LAMP
On 12/30/2011 07:21 AM, Haro de Grauw pecked at the keyboard and wrote:

hugh wrote:
Hi,
I am new to OpenSUSE, but have come from a different Linux Distro.
Welcome! :)

Can you tell me how through yast to set the service so that it starts
at boot, so I do not have to restart them every time I restart the
machine?

Have a look under YaST > System > System services (runlevel)

This is the proper place. Select "expert" mode so you can see where to select the run levels to turn on.

or if you are running services through xinetd,

Yast > Network services > Network services (xinetd)

Should be fairly self-explanatory from there.

(n.b., I'm translating back from openSUSE running in Dutch, so labels
might be slightly different)

Good luck!
Haro

--