Re: [opensuse] Newbie has problems installing 12.1 with LAMP
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 10:28:54 +0100
hugh wrote:

Hi,
I am new to OpenSUSE, but have come from a different Linux Distro.
Twice now I have tried installing OpenSuse 12.1 on a clean partition
(formatted as part of install, containing both / and /home)
Everything goes well, I install nvidia propriety driver and firmware
for tv card which kaffine operates well.
I do a full update through yast.
I am using KDE.

The problem happens when I install the Lamp-server packages/patten.

This seems to go OK, but the services are not turned, so I go through
Yast and activate apache2 and mySql.
I can now browse web pages at 127.0.0.1, including a sample php page I
created.
The problem happens when I next reboot.
When I log on I get a dialog box saying:

"Warning: Cannot open ConsoleKit session: Unable to open session:
Failed to connect to socket /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such
file of directory"

I'm not sure, but I think you can safely ignore that.

I can log on, but functionality is limited, eg network, internet or
dvb card.

You're saying your network was not started?

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (3.4°C)