Re: [opensuse] mix up on home directory installing 12.1
On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 02:57:23PM +0530, Sujit Karatparambil wrote:
Just documenting the problem with an article.

Great! That worked. I now booted in and all my KDE settings are the same.
Except some of the plasmoids for some reason aren't there.

This might be a bug or a feature of the user creation.

One you entered foogagu as account name the home directory is set to
/home/foogagu Next you see this and decide my name is foogaga while the
installer keeps /home/foogagu unmodified.

I would count it a bug as the majority would not expect this behavior.
Therefore please file a bug report where you reference this thread as and later
report the bug ID back in a reply to the same thread.

Lars Müller [ˈlaː(r)z ˈmʏlɐ]
Samba Team