Re: [opensuse] mix up on home directory installing 12.1
On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 02:57:23PM +0530, Sujit Karatparambil wrote:
Just documenting the problem with an article.

Great! That worked. I now booted in and all my KDE settings are the same.
Except some of the plasmoids for some reason aren't there.

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-newbie-8/how-to-rename-user-account-suse-messed-it-up-206389/

This might be a bug or a feature of the user creation.

One you entered foogagu as account name the home directory is set to
/home/foogagu Next you see this and decide my name is foogaga while the
installer keeps /home/foogagu unmodified.

I would count it a bug as the majority would not expect this behavior.
Therefore please file a bug report where you reference this thread as
http://lists.opensuse.org/openSUSE/2011-12/msg01166.html and later
report the bug ID back in a reply to the same thread.

Thanks.

Lars
--
Lars Müller [ˈlaː(r)z ˈmʏlɐ]