Re: [opensuse] mix up on home directory installing 12.1
On 12/19/2011 08:22 PM, Anton Aylward wrote:
George Olson said the following on 12/19/2011 06:03 AM:

The "obvious" answer is to make the entry in /etc/passwd on the 12.1
look like the one on the 11.4, that is edit the field that specifies the
home directory. I'd use VIM[1]. Read the man page for /etc/passwd for
details of which fields are which, but if you look at the two versions
of the /etc/passwd file it will be glaringly obvious.

Great! That worked. I now booted in and all my KDE settings are the same. Except some of the plasmoids for some reason aren't there.

Which makes me wonder how you changed the name on the 11.4 system in the
first place. I'd have done it with VIM[1], myself.

I used the user and group management settings in Yast2. When I changed my user name under existing local user, it prompted me if I wanted to change my home directory, and I said no.

George

[1] The non scouring kind.