Re: [opensuse] Systemd and fstab
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 18:12:11 +0100
James Knott wrote:

Per Jessen wrote:
Why no more volunteers to do testing? Well, it is difficult, you
need expertise, you need space in the disk, or an extra computer,
etc.
I don't believe "more testers" => "more areas tested" - at best, it
might mean "same areas tested more".

I guess it depends on areas of interest. Back when I was at IBM, the
team members had specific areas. For example my areas were the base
OS/2 system, Personal Communications, antivirus and some utilities.
Others did Lotus Notes, Smart Suite etc. With 12.1, my testing was
just general use on a notebook computer, so stuff like WiFi was
checked, but not fetchmail.

Hypothetically, if you had seen that 12.1 was being delayed due to
insufficient testing of fetchmail (without defining what "insufficient"
means in this context), might you have been inclined to run some of
defined fetchmail tests? (defined = previously documented tests).

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (6.2°C)