Re: [opensuse] USB, udev and serial numbers
On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 02:25:59PM +0100, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
[ 8< ]
The serial number is different for each converter. So it seems like the
value to use.

I have made a udev rule that should make a symlink to the device, and
relax the permissions:

BUS=="usb", SYSFS{iSerial}=="A7004luX", MODE="0666", SYMLINK+="usbp2",
OWNER="rst", GROUP="users"

After reloading the rules (udevadm control --reload-rules), I would like
to see the symlink created when I plug in the device. Unfortunately,
that is not the case.

For another device, I use SYSFS{idVendor} to determine the vendor.
iSerial seems to be in the same group of variables. Perhaps it is not
and only the lsusb listing makes it appear so.

A google of 'udev iSerial' returned nothing a all. How odd.

Maybe this recent thread in German helps
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-de/2011-12/msg00120.html

Lars
--
Lars Müller [ˈlaː(r)z ˈmʏlɐ]