Re: [opensuse] perl module install question
  • From: Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 09:31:38 -0500
On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 9:03 AM, Anders Johansson <ajohansson@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wednesday 07 December 2011 09:01:05 Greg Freemyer wrote:
I think the real issue is this line from the perl specfile:

Provides:       perl-IO-Zlib perl-IO-Compress-Base perl-IO-Compress-Zlib
Obsoletes:      perl-IO-Zlib perl-IO-Compress-Base perl-IO-Compress-Zlib

Note the absence of perl-IO-Compress.  I can branch perl in OBS and
add perl-IO-Compress easily enough, but I don't think I know enough
about perl to test it outside of the one package I'm testing that uses
it.

I just asked on the -packaging list if adding perl-IO-Compress to the
above makes sense.  If I get buy-in and that fixes the issue for me,
I'll SR an update to D:L:P::perl

Let me know if you agree.

The correct answer is "I don't know".

I doubt the above could cause a dependency error on "perl = 5.14.2" though.
What you found might be a problem, I'm not sure, but I'd be greatly surprised
if it's the root cause of the bug you reported

Anders

My true root bug is I'm trying to install a package that has
"Requires: perl(IO::Compress)".

That failed, so I was trying to install perl-IO-Compress manually to
see what was wrong.

If perl itself had "Provides: perl(IO::Compress)" my issue would be addressed.

Looking at the perl specfile and the earlier link to what's in perl
base, the specfile is definitely missing these:

Provides: perl(IO::Compress::Bzip2) perl(IO::Compress::Deflate)
Provides: perl(IO::Compress::Gzip) perl(IO::Compress::RawDeflate)
perl(IO::Compress::Zip)

My only question is if it should also have perl(IO::Compress) in the
list, or if the other app has an erroneous Requires:
perl(IO::Compress).

Again, I just asked on -packaging, so I will try to SR up one of the
two solutions.

Thanks
Greg