[opensuse] Re: [opensuse-factory] equivalent to boot.local for systemd
Andreas Jaeger wrote:
So far putting these into boot.local works fine, but my reading of
> boot.local's use suggests it might be executed at most any point in
> the boot process, and after.local's used to be executed after the run
> level was reached.
You can create separate service for these, there shouldn't be a
problem...

So, what is the proper replacement for things that must be started after the system is up & running? On my firewall, I use after.local to start a 6in4 tunnel after booting, as it requires the network to be up first. There are other things that I have used after.local for, to ensure something started in a stable system. Does the crontab @reboot still work? If it does, it'd still require a delay, before executing the command. It would be nice if that systemctl had something guaranteed to run last.