Re: [opensuse] 11.4 FireFox 8.0 - how to turn OFF select of html format for select buffer -- damnit!
completely unnecessary and derogatory comment>
Surely the developers are not so stupid as to believe every user
wants to paste size 64 red text into a spreadsheet and not even leave a
simple
way to disable the format copy so you can still use the select buffer to
get
work done.

</rant>
no, abusive comment. You can rant w/o being abusive.

Agreed,

I haven't been this 'disappointed' about a developer 'issue' since kde4
defaulted to saving .jpeg instead of .jpg and would overwrite the user's .jpg
extension with no way to turn that off :)

It just irks me that this stuff gets put in the code without any thought to
the touchstone 'efficiency' and 'configurability' Linux was built on. If you are
going to put it in and force everybody to use it by default, for goodness sakes,
put an option in to turn it off.

Yes, I know this isn't 'brand new' and that it probably has been there for
more than a year+, as I've said. For the past year or so I've just had several
things at a time to copy/paste into OO or LO from FF, so I've just dealt with
the cumbersome 'paste special' dialog. But this week, dealing with the need for
100+ copy operations, it just hit me how ridiculous the default behavior is and
the literal Millions and Millions of wasted keystrokes and clicks (daily)
required worldwide to deal with this nonsense.

Thanks to all for the ctrl+alt+shift+v shortcut, that is helpful, but even
then it still adds the two steps of (a) ctrl+c and (b) ctrl+alt+shift+v to the
operation, but it does eliminate having to deal with the 'paste special' dialog.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.