Re: [opensuse] A reply
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 09:21:46 +0100
Duaine Hechler wrote:

On 11/22/2011 02:09 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
Duaine Hechler wrote:

On 11/22/2011 12:59 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
Roger Luedecke wrote:

Part of the problem is people don't do early testing so we can
catch bugs better before release. Everybody wants it stable, but
few are willing to risk some instability to assure a better result
for us all.
I'm not sure we has any data to really substantiate that. At some
point, I did sort of half-way propose we should be using a
test-case tracking system, but given the size of this project, it's
probably not
a very good idea. 15 years ago I helped write and document about
1000 test-cases for a project I was managing. There was about 20
people involved in total, and even those 1000 cases were too much.
Well, back in my day on the mainframe, I wrote many, many "system"
level utilities and short cuts for the operators all the way up to
higher management.

I used what is called a "devils advocate" approach. As I was writing
the code, I would take a step back and try to think of all the
possibilities of how and where it would break.
Right - engineers/programmers/developers test to see that things
work, testers test to break things.

So....what would I be classified as - since I did - both - sides ?

Dunno, depends on the situation :-)

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (2.8°C)