Re: [opensuse] reply to thunderbird
* lynn<lynn@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [11-13-11 15:02]:
On 11/12/2011 10:29 PM, Togan Muftuoglu wrote:
On 11/12/2011 09:40 PM, John Andersen wrote:
I'm astounded anyone is 5 release numbers behind, or doesn't understand
that the best place
to get these packages is NOT the CD that came with your boxed set, or
the original downloaded
DVD.
Or for some people, the latest may not mean the most stable.
If you can become root, I'd recommend using Yast to get tb. If you
can't I'd recommend downloading the latest version here:

http://www.mozilla.org/es/thunderbird/

I've used it for 24 hours now. No problems yet. All I had to do to
configure it was to give my e-mail address. It did everything else
and even setup views for the folders on the server I have. Amazing.
Even better, you don't need zillions of GB of kde stuff like you do
for kmail.
Recommended.
Better Yet (tm!)
use a package built for your openSUSE system from:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/mozilla/<your-flavour>

please: remember to recommend packages "Build by/for openSUSE"

your system will be much more stable.

Hi
That's very good advice and I shall always recommend official opensuse builds to system administrators. However, the vast majority of linux users do not have root access. Many of us here seem to forget that.
L x