Re: [opensuse] Post installation queries (FIRST successful installation of Linux)
* Linux Tyro <opensuse.bkn1@xxxxxxxxx> [11-04-11 13:27]:

Not last but a doubt is that when I type:

linuxworld@linux-g34l:~> sudo yast
sudo: yast: command not found

it doesn't work, but when I do type the following:

linuxworld@linux-g34l:~> sudo /sbin/yast

it works, just wanted to know the basic difference, and the same when
I used ' sudo reboot' (didn't work) but 'sudo /sbin/reboot' (worked).

this is really simple, when you type a command w/o it's path, your system
searches it's path, $PATH, for the command. It cannot find the command
because your $PATH does not contain /sbin which is a path normally
reserved for "root user", ie: require root password.

you can display your path, $PATH
echo $PATH