Re: [opensuse] c - Segmentation fault on 11.4 - need help figuring out (strtod?)
Roger Oberholtzer said the following on 11/03/2011 04:58 AM:
On Wed, 2011-11-02 at 21:34 -0300, Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
On 02/11/11 20:49, David C. Rankin wrote:

Thank you Christian! I would have looked at this for days and not
caught the '<=' issue.

Well deserved then :-D , unless you are doing this as a learning
experience or plan to roll such code in an intensive math computing
environment, you are picking the wrong language. python or ruby will do
the trick just fine.

C is never the wrong language. It is the tasks that are wrong :) ;)

Add Tcl to the list of alternatives.

And shell.
The bash shell is an incredibly powerful programming language and very
easy to debug.

It used to be, in Bourne-days, that large shell programs were unwieldy
and slow. I found that I'd have to turn to perl to get performance.
Not now. These days I see perl as being unwieldy for most of what I
have to deal with.

Unless Its GUI-fied (yes, Tcl wins!) then the more complex things need
Ruby. It just seems to make complexity vanish. Despite all that's said
the Object extensions to Perl (5) are a kludge.

Ocaml? One day ...

--
Auditing security is complex, challenging, and not for the uninformed
Avoiding IS Icebergs