Re: [opensuse] Where to get Firefox 5?
  • From: C <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 07:44:51 +0200
On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 06:04, Wolfgang Rosenauer
<wolfgang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Am 28.09.2011 04:00, schrieb Thomas Taylor:
Hi fellow foxers;
Does anyone know where I can get an rpm for the REAL Firefox 5?  Every link
I've followed brings me FF 6 even when the rpm name says it's ver 5.  Want to
revert back to version 5.  Don't like the newer ones.

Not sure what the REAL Firefox 5 is but for example for openSUSE 11.4
there are packages available here:

Please keep in mind that this version has known security issues you
won't get fixed if you don't update to later versions.

And I'm wondering what the difference is between 5 and 7... from a UI
perspective, they are almost identical. If "you" like 5, then how can
you tell you're using 6 or 7 short of clicking Help > About?