Re: [opensuse] Where to get Firefox 5?
  • From: C <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 07:44:51 +0200
On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 06:04, Wolfgang Rosenauer
<wolfgang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Am 28.09.2011 04:00, schrieb Thomas Taylor:
Hi fellow foxers;
Does anyone know where I can get an rpm for the REAL Firefox 5?  Every link
I've followed brings me FF 6 even when the rpm name says it's ver 5.  Want to
revert back to version 5.  Don't like the newer ones.

Not sure what the REAL Firefox 5 is but for example for openSUSE 11.4
there are packages available here:
http://download.opensuse.org/update/11.4/rpm/i586/MozillaFirefox-5.0-0.4.1.i586.rpm
http://download.opensuse.org/update/11.4/rpm/x86_64/MozillaFirefox-5.0-0.4.1.x86_64.rpm

Please keep in mind that this version has known security issues you
won't get fixed if you don't update to later versions.

And I'm wondering what the difference is between 5 and 7... from a UI
perspective, they are almost identical. If "you" like 5, then how can
you tell you're using 6 or 7 short of clicking Help > About?

C.