Re: fetchmail tip (was Re: [opensuse] Dovecot 2.0)
Anton Aylward wrote:
As for running fetchmail as a system daemon rather than a per user daemon, I think the current way of having ALL the scripts in /etc/fetchmailrc is wrong-headed. I think that the system daemon should spawn off child processes that read the per user ~/.fetchmail files and carry them out. That way the individual users can add and edit their own .fetchmail files and not compromise the system.

As I mentioned, most of the users are not particularly computer literate. They wouldn't have a clue about setting up .fetchmailrc. Since I am the one who has to maintain this, a single file is much better.