Re: [opensuse] different types of shell scripts
Hello,

On Sat, 24 Sep 2011, Lars Müller wrote:
On Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 12:36:20AM +0200, David Haller wrote:
[ 8< ]
I'm not 100% sure if that's the 11.4 default, as this is an upgrade
from 11.1 via 11.2 and that file might have been kept.

grep CWD_IN_ /var/adm/fillup-templates/sysconfig.suseconfig
CWD_IN_ROOT_PATH="no"
CWD_IN_USER_PATH="yes"

For openSUSE 11.4 and Factory.

Thank you!

So the default hasn't changed yet. I think it should. NOW! Let's have
a default of (implicitly)

CWD_IN_USER_PATH="no"

with 12.2 at latest. Oh, what I don't remember[1] is at what position
"." got added to PATH if that variable was set to "yes". If last, just
get rid of it, if first, change it to "last" with 12.1. That stupidity
has stuck around far far too long already. Those who want to shoot
themselves can still use it by setting CWD_IN_USER_PATH to "yes" ;)

Oh, and BTW: I plead for removing the variable for root altogether.
root should _never ever_ have "." in his PATH.

-dnh, using S.u.S.E since 5.3 and _never_ having "." in _any_ PATH.

[1] if I ever tried it ;)

--
Es fehlt die Glaskugel, die voraussagen kann, welche der anderen Glaskugeln
heute am genauesten glaskugelt. -- Christoph Päper in drtm