Re: [opensuse] Dovecot 2.0
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 21:12:18 +0200
James Knott wrote:

Per Jessen wrote:
James Knott wrote:

Carlos E. R. wrote:
View this thread:
http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=447542

That's how I did it.
All I see in there is the suggestion to use an IMAP server, not
anything about configuring dovecot.
I thought I'd go with Dovecot, because others here recommended it,
but
from what I can see, it's a real disaster. V2 does not appear to be
functional at all.
Completely disagree, it's been working very well for me for a little
over a year now.
I'm sure we can help you getting your setup to work too, but lets see
some config files etc. otherwise it's like groping in the dark.

I've now got it so that I can use Dovecot 2.0 to access one account.
However, I cannot connect with a 2nd. All the server settings are the
same, other than user ID. As this server will be used over a dozen
employees, this is a bit of an issue.

Here's the current dovecot.conf:

dict {
}
!include conf.d/*.conf

!include_try local.conf

ssl = yes
ssl_cert = </etc/ssl/certs/dovecot.pem
ssl_key = </etc/ssl/private/dovecot.pem

I'm not familiar with the openSUSE default config, but the above is all
that is left when I remove the comments. Maybe also post the pertinent
bits of conf.d/*.conf?

Back to the key issue - one account works, the second one doesn't. Which
error messages are you seeing, typically in /var/log/mail? Have you
set "auth_debug = yes" in some config file?

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (14.3°C)