Re: [opensuse] Re: (Dovecot is faster and supports multiple formats -- unlike Cyrus
On 09/13/2011 07:28 PM, Joachim Schrod wrote:
Ed Greshko wrote:
On 09/09/2011 08:40 AM, Joachim Schrod wrote:
used by millions of people
Not taking sides.... But, be careful about advancing the "used by
millions" analogy. Otherwise you may start advocating for a switch to
MS Windows. :-) :-)
jwz wrote the original email client of Netscape Navigator Suite.
(He also wrote singlehandedly the first version of Netscape
Navigator for Un*x.) While you're right that I was a bit
over-the-top with my sarcastic "millions" remark, usage of that
now-defunct suite _was_ very widespread, both on Un*x and Windows.

Joachim

That wasn't quite my point. My "point", is that one should avoid
equating "market share", or "number of users" with quality. That isn't
saying anything about the quality of jwz's work.

Just because more people watch American Idol than watch Nova on PBS
doesn't mean American Idol is "better". :-)