Re: [opensuse] Chrome and RSS feed
On Sat, 10 Sep 2011 15:46:07 +0700
Constant Brouerius van Nidek <cbroueriusvannidek@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<snipped>
The original URL is http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world/
There is a RSS logo in the address and clicking there it answers with
the following URL http://builder.extensionfactory.com/
<snipped>

Sorry! <blush!> I've got Internet radio streaming and podcasting on the
brain today :-)

You're looking to subscribe to syndicated content, not "tune in" to
listen or watch live a/v streams, right?

You need a plug-in in Chrome, if one is available, or a separate
RSS/Atom feed reader client like "Liferea"

<http://liferea.sourceforge.net/>
"Liferea, a simple and free desktop news aggregator for Unix and Linux")

I have Liferea installed and it appears to be from an openSUSE
repository:

carlh@linux:~> rpm -qa | grep liferea
liferea-1.6.5-6.3.x86_64

There are, of course, other similar solutions. I pared back a while ago
so I don't use such a plug-in or client myself, these days.

hth & regards,

Carl