Re: [opensuse] Recover Linux Raid 0 with 2x2port 3Ware Raid 1 cards
John Andersen wrote:
Since they seldom looked at the server, and never rebooted it
they got no warning of this at all.

I take it they weren't using 3ware then? It happily sends emails on
status changes and tells me when it's running a verify etc etc.

If my Software Raid so much as hiccups, I get an email from mdadm.

I use both 3ware and mdadm and am happy with both. I find 3ware a bit
easier to drive but mdadm is more flexible.

If you buy all your disks for the array at the same time you have to
be prepared for them to fail very close to each other.

One way to ameliorate this is to buy disks from more than one
manufacturer, but it certainly is best to buy them at intervals.

Cheers, Dave