Re: [opensuse] ftp
On 09/02/2011 02:51 PM, Marcus Meissner wrote:
On Fri, Sep 02, 2011 at 01:37:59PM +0800, George OLson wrote:
On 09/02/2011 01:17 PM, Michael S. Dunsavage wrote:
On 09/02/2011 12:41 AM, George OLson wrote:
I am trying to get filezilla to open up my website, but I can't and I
think it is because of my firewall. Can anyone tell me, do I allow
certain services in the "external zone" and in the "demilitarized
zone" in order to get it to connect?

filezilla doesn't give me any technical information as to why it
doesn't connect - it just says it cannot read the file structure on my
site.

What services does filezilla use?

Thanks,
George
can you use just ftp://ipaddress to see if you can at least connect?

I have all my services under the external zone.

Also, are you using apparmour? That may be an issue.

Is there anything in your ftp server log file saying a connection is
even being tried?

Oh as far as apparmour, I think I am using it. Yast says I have it
enabled. What does apparmour do?

Nothing that would break networking stuff.

Ciao, Marcus

Well, I was able to try the FTP add on for firefox and transfer my files using that instead. Don't know why filezilla didn't work, but I don't need it anymore.

I don't need to make a ton of transfers, just every once in a while. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good FTP program? the add on to firefox seems to work ok, but I would like other options.

George