Re: [opensuse] Re: IMAP .. Dovecot ... fetchmail ... postfix ... procmail ...
Per Jessen said the following on 08/30/2011 10:16 AM:
Anton Aylward wrote:

As you say, when I visit a folder, dovecot (re-)indexes it.
That's very useful if I want to do a search on the server.

Wait - are you talking about a full text index? Normally dovecot keeps
an index of a maildir to avoid having to reread the entire directory,
but a fulltext index is something else.

No I'm not talking about a full-text index.
Nor am I talking about a Maildir

And yes, I realise Thunderbird builds its own indexes ...
and I wish it wouldn't

--
"The capacity to learn is a gift;
The ability to learn is a skill;