Re: [opensuse] IMAP .. Dovecot ... fetchmail ... postfix ... procmail ...
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 14:35:42 +0200
Anton Aylward wrote:

Per Jessen said the following on 08/29/2011 01:55 AM:
I think(!) you can use fetchmail+dovecot without either knowing about
the other. fetchmail does deliveries to your maildir, dovecot will
pick up the changes, although delayed.

That's what I'm doing.
Fetchmail uses procmail to run through spamassassin and procmail
plonks it into the mailbox.

Ah, I missed that.

I just wondered of procmail should - or could - use dovecot's lda.

It would no doubt improve your overall setup, and you'd be able to use
e.g. quotas and sieve. I'm guessing fetchmail call any arbitrary
executable and then provide the mail on stdin? If that works, I think
you can just call "/usr/lib/dovecot/deliver".

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (20.4°C)