[opensuse] IMAP .. Dovecot ... fetchmail ... postfix ... procmail ...
I have a pretty by-the-book (or HowTo) setup that get mail from remote locations using fetchmail, passes it though postfix which then sees ~/.forward and leads to procmail to process via spamassassin and sanitiser and put it into mailboxes which are eventually read over IMAP using a Dovecot server.

I get to wonder ...

This is a bit heavy handed. All the mail is for me, this is not a corporate server. Yes, I have many addresses but they are all 'me'. It is procmail that determines the mailbox.

So I'm wondering if there is a way to get postfix out of the loop for INCOMING mail.

--
I will not attack your doctrines nor your creeds if they accord liberty
to me. If they hold thought to be dangerous - if they aver that doubt