Re: [opensuse] Importing mail into Thunderbird 6
On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 12:35:40 +0200
Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
<snipped>
This sounds really intriguing to me - I could do with a proper/clean
way of importing mail from MS Outlook/Exchange PST files. I tried
installing TB#6 from Factory, but as it seemed to have few missing
deps, I got the tar file from mozilla directly instead, and installed
that. Basil, when I choose "Import"->"Mail", I still don't see any
optino to enter an application - I have an empty window which suggests
I pick a file type (none listed) to import from. Would you know if I
need some third party libraries or some such?

thanks
Per

Hi Per,

I recall migrating from Outlook to the Mozilla suite some years ago. I
used an 'experimental / in development' third party package
called "libpst" to do the migration. It was a tarball item and once
built it /mostly/ worked; some items had to be cleaned up by hand and
it took more than one try. Sorry I can't remember any more details
than this, but you might want to search the web and see if it's still
available.

regards,

Carl