Re: [opensuse] KDE 4.7 , opensuse 11.4 64bit.
Roger Oberholtzer said the following on 08/07/2011 08:33 AM:
What about caches in /tmp and /usr/tmp? I think when you delete
$HOME/.kde4 you need to delete these as well. Otherwise there are
potential bits still around in the caches in these directories. The
caches allow kde not to have to re-do everything when you log in.

I delete the contents of /tmp files on very reboot, and this is a laptop so it gets rebooted every day.

See TMP_DIRS_TO_CLEAR and CLEAR_TMP_DIRS_AT_BOOTUP

/usr/tmp/ symlinks --> /var/tmp/

Other things like /var/{run,lock,tnp} are actually tmpfs
and are recreated on every reboot.

Sorry, Roger, this is not part of the problem space.