Re: [opensuse] KDE 4.7 , opensuse 11.4 64bit.
  • From: ianseeks <ianseeks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2011 21:26:24 +0100
On Saturday 06 Aug 2011 13:33:38 Doug wrote:
On 08/06/2011 03:24 AM, Stefan Quandt wrote:
Hi Ian,

Am Mittwoch, 3. August 11, 19:57:13 schrieb ianseeks:
Does anyone know how i can permanently remove Firefox (not
uninstalling)
from panle at the bottom of the screen? It reappears every time i log
in.>
Start systemsettings, select

"Default Applications"> "Web Browser"> "in the following
browser"

and enter your favorite browser.

On next login this will appear in the panel instead of firefox.

Stefan
__

I suspect that what he wants is to get _all_ browsers off the panel, and
put FF on the desktop as an icon. I can't answer, since I don't have that
situation, but generally, if you snap on the "cashew" at the extreme right
of the panel, you open the panel for modification. Then you could probably
drag the FF icon/widget/whatever onto the desktop. I think I might have
done that a long time ago, but I don't remember; both my FF and T/B are
on the desktop now. Alternatively, if you can just delete them from the
panel,
then you can open up the menu and right-click on FF and tell the system
to put it on the desktop. If your desired browser is not in the menu, then
you should put it there first. HTH.--doug

thanks Doug

I didn't realise there was a configuration for default apps in the "system
settings" so everytime i deleted it from the panel, the system put it back the
next time i logged in. Never seen that option before, must be new to 4.7