Re: [opensuse] KDE 4.7 , opensuse 11.4 64bit.
  • From: C <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 20:31:45 +0200
On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 20:20, John Andersen <jsamyth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
maybe true... but its a pain in the a*** to have to have 2 extra steps to
do
one action. :o)  i think its a fine idea in a lock down support situation
as
in the enterprise but its a load of extra faffing about for my home log
in.

Why do you think you will have to do this every time you log in?
Unlock widgets
Right click the firefox icon and select remove
Lock widgets.
Log out.
Log back in.

It should NOT re-appear.

And... it's something you do once on initial install (to set things up
how you prefer to work)... and maybe once or twice through the life
cycle of an install. It's not a day-to-day activity. I can't
remember when I last unlocked my KDE4 widgets.

Compare that to the Gnome Widgets (whatever they are called...
Desklets?) that move around and appear/disappear from one login to the
next... I've never managed to nail those silly things to the Gnome
desktop.

C.