Re: [opensuse] Re: Nvidia vs ATI
On 07/19/2011 01:40 PM, Joachim Schrod wrote:
Stan Goodman wrote:
On 07/19/2011 11:57 AM, Joachim Schrod wrote:
Stan Goodman wrote:

But if you say that Intel support for their chip is "right around the
corner", that opens up a more appealing possibility.
Stan, I haven't followed this thread closely enough: Which Intel
embedded graphics chip do you have that's not working?

I have a Dell desktop with Intel i7-2600 that has an HD3000
embedded graphic. X works here on 11.4.

Joachim

It's called "Intel HD Integrated Graphics".
That's a chip family. Probably its HD2000 or HD3000.

No, the chipset is called "H67 Express Chip Set". That's what the Product Guide calls it.
As I wrote: it works here in a desktop setting. It's not
appropriate for gaming, but for office work it's sufficient. I
don't know if suspend works; my new Thinkpad T420s that has also
this graphics chip hasn't arrived yet. Then I'll know. ;-)

AFAIK,
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/X11:/XOrg/openSUSE_11.4/
has version 2.15.0 of the intel driver that's more current than the
one from 11.4+updates (2.14.0). Maybe that helps with your problems.

Cheers,
Joachim

--
Stan Goodman