Re: [opensuse] DLS connection in 11.4 after fresh DVD install
  • From: Kai-Uwe Behrmann <ku.b@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 13:11:19 +0200 (MEST)
Am 16.07.11, 12:54 +0200 schrieb Per Jessen:
Sven Burmeister wrote:
Am Samstag, 16. Juli 2011, 12:07:38 schrieb Istvan Gabor:
In my opinion it is strange already that after a fresh DVD install
a simple DSL connection can not be configured. This worked in every
suse version I tried so far.

Bug happens. And apparently those users that tested 11.4 before it was
released do all use routers or let their modem dial-in automatically.

I suspect it is also rather unusual (therefore little used & less
tested) to run DSL connections directly from openSUSE. Most connections
are no doubt done with a dedicated ADSL router/modem.

A openSUSE with convigured DSL as Istvan describes, is for me the only way to obtain reasonable speed. Otherwise requests wait 10 seconds for a
answere. On some web pages this summarises easily to minutes and hence a unuseable internet. So a dedicated ADSL router/modem is no option.
(osX, Windows and ubuntu work with the same dedicated modem. openSUSE and Fedora do'nt.)

kind regards
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
--
developing for colour management www.behrmann.name + www.oyranos.org