Re: [opensuse] Mostly Fixed: (was Re: broken samba-3.5.7 package in 11.4 (binary and source)
On Mon, Jun 06, 2011 at 04:28:59PM -0700, Linda Walsh wrote:
In case others missed this...

Stefan Seyfried wrote:
Am Sun, 05 Jun 2011 18:45:01 -0700
I see no reference to 'libtalloc' -- why not??
I have no idea. As a workaround, you could try to
"LD_PRELOAD=/lib/libtalloc... nmbd"
Oh, I see you are talking 11.4 here. => bugzilla.
-------

I checked nmbd to see what it wanted for dynamic libs using
'readelf' and noted that it doesn't seem to want or need "talloc".
Thus I looked at what libs were being pulled in by nmbd
using 'ldd -r /usr/sbin/nmbd' (which also showed the sym probs).

Looking at the libs it was pulling in, I checked what packages they were
coming from. I noted that one of them 'libwbclient0' in "/lib64"
belonged to NO package.

I removed it (as well as any other unclaimed files under /lib64)
and my samba now seems to be pretty much working (not fully tested
every aspect, but domain-login is working again as well as nmbd).

The only thing I still may report as a bug would be the source
rpm problem. (like it not building!)....

/usr/lib64/libwbclient.so.0 is the right location for it, but it is strange
that a unrelated copy landed in /lib64. :/

Ciao, Marcus