Re: [opensuse] Ontological Relevance
On 06/01/2011 12:20 PM, phanisvara das pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
On Wed, 01 Jun 2011 21:31:45 +0530, David Haller <dnh@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You know what? There is a reason why words are capitalised, especially
in German. I read a lot. I read _words_ and not letters. Because of
capitalization, I don't have to look at each individual letter to read
the word, I recognize words from their outline and how the "blackness"
(or whiteness) is distributed in that outline.

Thanks, that gives me something to think about. I'm still of the opinion
though, that there's very little or no difference in readablility,
specially when talking about short, technical texts like most list
contributions are.

For better readability it seems far more important to me to break long
texts into sensible paragraphs and use punctuation properly. My
perception may be influenced by decades of not using caps, of course,
and I'll ask others (who have to read what I write) about their
experience & opinion.

Much much more readable with the caps in place.

--
Ken Schneider
SuSe since Version 5.2, June 1998