Re: [opensuse] 11.4 - is 'tracker' 'beagle' in disguise?
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 01:38:40 +0200 (CEST)

On Sunday, 2011-05-08 at 16:11 +0200, Togan Muftuoglu wrote:
On 05/08/2011 04:04 PM, Anders Johansson wrote:

You are. We are talking about what the default is.

Essentially what you are saying is the system should be optimised for the
highly experienced user who already knows how to configure stuff, and let the
newbies go through all the hassles of getting the features they might want.

I am saying there is a difference of being something required or
recommended (suggested). Novice can/should go with the recommended but
making it obligatory for everyone should not be the way forward

Novices don't know that.

You, on the other hand, know that you can disable/remove such things on
install - so do it :-)

The default is correct.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.
(from 11.2 x86_64 "Emerald" at Telcontar)