[opensuse] net install via (transparent) proxy
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 03 May 2011 13:09:37 +0200
I've just done two identical network installations of 11.4 after one
another, and would have expected the second one to benefit from the
fact that the first one had already retrieved everything required.
However, according to squids logs, I had 61 hits and roughly 2500
misses. Not a single RPM was cached.

I'm guessing the issue is the metalink, but I haven't found any way of
making squid work with the metalink.

Question: How do I get squid to cache the repo data during a network
installation?

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (10.8°C)