Re: [opensuse] How to re-shuffle disk partitions - Part Three
Brian K. White said the following on 04/25/2011 12:43 PM:
"What happened when you tried it?"

Parted does not permit moving an ext2/3 partition if the source and
destination partition overlap.

So, I thought, copy to a new partition, erase. copy back.

Well parted copy doesn't work quite as advertised.
It seems to copy and it thinks it has made a ext3 copy
but when I come to mount to check, it isn't really any recognisable fs.
However dd | od or strings and it looks like what it should be.

DUH?

OK, do it the long way ...

--
The improvement of our way of life is more important than
the spreading of it. If we make it satisfactory enough,