Re: [opensuse] KDE or Gnome?
Hello,

On Sun, 24 Apr 2011, Felix Miata wrote:
While cmdline tools are powerful, many and available, most people
should be able to get around 99% or more of what they need done
without them.

Hm. I do, ah, due to much Multimedia stuff, only ~95%[1] of what I do
either in an editor (XEmacs) or in an xterm.[2]

There's a very good reason for my $HISTSIZE $HISTFILESIZE each being
50k[3].

Oh, and to the OP:

Neither. Try WindowMaker, with some of the non-default Themes (it's
quite unlike Windows, but very efficient and configurable and sleek).

-dnh

[1] all numbers freely pulled out of thin air, but a little usage of
dvdrip or xine messes up that stat ... watching movies and stuff
is, again, keyboard only (with mplayer ;)

[2] actually, I do spend some time in seamonkey, but that's not
useful stuff.

[3] until now, I'll now experiment a bit with

export HISTSIZE=50000
export HISTFILESIZE=500000
shopt -s histappend

--
"Getting a penguin to pee on demand is _messy_." -- Linus Torvalds