Re: [opensuse] How to re-shuffle disk partitions - Part Two
Felix Miata said the following on 04/22/2011 06:29 PM:
On 2011/04/22 17:03 (GMT-0400) Anton Aylward composed:

Lets do this in parts.
I can create a new primary partition starting at 157 in which to put the
root. How can I copy root? I can't simply copy using rsync because of
/dev and /proc and /sys ....

Do it booted from a live CD,

Check :-)

but before rebooting from the HD, run tune2fs -U
random -L yourchoiceofpartitionlable on one of those root partitions if
you've cloned it with dd or equivalent. In any event, give it a label, and
use labels in fstab and menu.lst instead of device names or those awful long
/dev/disk/by-gobbledegookyaddayadda names.

Good idea. Easier to type as well.
BootFS
RootFS

hey! Easy to confuse ...

OBTW: How do I give a short label to a swap ?
It is currently
/dev/disk/by-id/ata-IC25N080ATMR04-0_MRG41YK4J5NL5H-part2
in the menu.lst

--
Everything comes to him who hustles while he waits.
Thomas A. Edison