Re: [opensuse] Another NetworkManager problem...?
Tejas Guruswamy said the following on 03/28/2011 09:25 AM:
My mistake, if you're using the plasmoid you don't need
NetworkManager-kde4, the conflict is correct.

If you've got plasmoid-networkmanagement and NetworkManager-kde4-libs
installed correctly (be sure to check their versions match exactly, and
they're from the same repo as the rest of your KDE install),

I get
# rpm -q -a | grep -i networkmanage

so that looks OK.

you should
have the files

Yes, its there, is readable and looks fine

# file /usr/lib/kde4/
/usr/lib/kde4/ ELF 32-bit LSB shared object,
Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, stripped
# ls -l /usr/lib/kde4/
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 13912 2011-02-23 02:39

which seems OK

providing your missing service "org.kde.networkmanagement". Can you
check they exist / are readable / etc?

So that's not the problem.

Another thing to check is if you open KDE System Settings, and choose
(the rather mysteriously named) "Information Sources", does selecting
"NetworkManager" as the backend make a difference?

Odd that, yes.

It says that its using NetworkManager 0.7

NOT 0.9

Public confidence in the integrity of the Government is indispensable to
faith in democracy; and when we lose faith in the system, we have lost
faith in everything we fight and spend for.
Adlai E. Stevenson Jr.