Re: [opensuse] Another NetworkManager problem...?
On Monday 28 March 2011 at 15:31:05 (GMT+2) C <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 11:07, Stan Goodman wrote:
Not sure it if related, but do you have
plasmoid-networkmanagement installed instead of
KNetworkManager?

[snip]

What's the name of this widget?

It shows up in YaST as plasmoid-networkmanagement. (see the relevant
part of Don's comment above) I got it as part of the default KDE4
install off the openSUSE 11.4 KDE LiveCD - I didn't have to select it
or manually install it.

It did not install on the v11.4 (clean install) laptop here; the
checkmark in YaST is open, no mark. So, at least in my case, what has
been so troublesome here is knetworkmanager. I'll try installing the
"plasmoid" thing when I'm back in a couple of weeks, when the inevitable
disruptions won't be a critical problem.

If this "plasmoid" is a kde4 widget, like other kde4 widgets that would
be listed in "Add other widgets", why does it appear only in YaST,
rather than in "Add other widgets" where I looked for it
unsucccessfully?

Oddly... I don't remember getting the widget when I did a DVD install
of 11.4. Hmmm.. maybe it's time to test that at home tonight.

C.

--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on