Re: [opensuse] Firefox 3.6.x v. 4.0x - Thoughts?
On 03/25/2011 10:33 AM, Daniel Bauer pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
On Friday 25 March 2011 15:06:11, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
On Fri, 2011-03-25 at 09:31 -0400, Ken Schneider - openSUSE wrote:
The only major problem I have had is with saving images. The link is
there (save image as) but does not work. I need this to save check
images from my bank. For this reason I have gone back to 3.6.16

That has been that way for a while. If you instead choose to view the
image info, you can save the image from there. Strange but true.

I coundn't save that way either after the online update.

In my FF4 i can simply drag and drop any image...
oh, and right-click also works for me (Firefox 4.0 on OS 11.3, KDE 4.6)
Daniel

I'm on 11.4 on have this problem with both i586 (desktop and x86-64
(laptop).

The "View Page Info" in the right-context menu does not necessarily appear when
clicking anywhere on the page; sometimes the cursor must be moved to a
different location. Then the "Media" tab must be chosen and the image selected
from the list for saving. Similarly, there is a "View Background Image" which
appears with some embedded image files but not others; when this is active the
"View Page Info" will point to the image file.

There are also a number of image Add-On's that provide this capability. Like
with the above, it can depend on how the image is sourced and built into the
page, so a given extension may work with one image but not another, or may
require a couple of steps (like first isolating the image separately from the
main page). If the image is not actually a file but embedded into a single
graphical page (like a snapshot of a bank statement page showing check images),
then an Add-On like Screengrab or DownThemAll may work.