[opensuse] Firefox 3.6.x v. 4.0x - Thoughts?
Guys,

I hate change for the sake of change. I am on the fence on the "mozilla I want to look like Opera" release. I have both running on different boxes. I don't like the fact that 4 swapped around where the buttons go (you can easily change that), but I do like the opera-like button for bookmarks that is available when the tabs are collapsed. The panorama feature is nice as well, although it is really slow at times.

Are there any other technical reasons one way or another that should be considered in deciding whether to removed the lock preventing upgrade to 4 on 11.4? I kind of like them both. I have favorite themes for 3 that of course are incompatible with 4, but that isn't a show stopper. What's the general consensus on power versus usability?

The laptop I'm worried about is the 11.4 laptop currently crippled with the Xorg/radeonhd problem, so graphics speed is way down. Anyone else run into speed issues on older hardware?

No flames sought, just trying to get a better feel for the changes :)

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.