Re: [opensuse] Beware !! Really wonderful
On Tuesday 15 March 2011 04:38:35 Andreas Jaeger wrote:
On Tuesday, March 15, 2011 03:13:41 Bob S wrote:
Hello SuSE people,

This is really wonderful ! Be careful

Last night I was running 11.4, installing apps, tweaking, etc When the
updater applet popped up from the task bar telling me I had 31 updates
and asked me if I wanted them. Said yes and off it went.

Guess what now I am running asparagus 11.5 RC1. Out of factory no less,
and I don't even have a factory repo. Now it won't boot to init 5 as a
user, will only startx as root and won't recognize any of my installed
repos.

Really wonderful planning and testing. Just a little ticked off. How does
one go about fixing this especially after going through all of the stages
of 11.4 until it got to GM.

Which repositories are you using? Did you enable Factory instead of the
11.4 ones? Just check with zypper sl -d - and then edit them and run again
a zypper dup to go back to 11.4,

Thanks Andreas.

No, what I didnt do was change the repository after 11.4 went GM.
My bad (dumb dumb dumb) Followed your advice and all is well now.
Back to my tweaking. Thanks again

Bob S