Re: [opensuse] 11.4
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 11:37:12 +0100
On Sat, 2011-03-12 at 09:42 +0530, Will Stephenson wrote:
On Friday 11 Mar 2011 22:58:21 Per Jessen wrote:
Okay, any suggestions on how to go about collecting some diagnostics on
this? Or some setting to tweak to see if this behaviour will go away?

Can you try disabling the Blur, and if that doesn't help, the Translucency
desktop effects?

This sounds exactly what I described in the thread "Nvidia woes on
11.2". As it seems it is from the current X, which is probably the same
as in 11.4driver, perhaps it is the same. Are there any messages about
problems with 2D in the X log in /var/messages?

I had to disable the nvidia proprietary. It also did not help to use the
current one from nvidia. The problem persisted. All details are in the
thread.

Will

--
Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST

Ramböll Sverige AB
Krukmakargatan 21
P.O. Box 17009
SE-104 62 Stockholm, Sweden

Office: Int +46 10-615 60 20
Mobile: Int +46 70-815 1696

SHAW'S PRINCIPAL
Build a system that even a fool can use,
and only a fool will want to use it.