Re: [opensuse] Nvidia woes on openSUSE 11.2 - workaround found
On Wednesday, March 09, 2011 03:52 Roger Oberholtzer wrote:

I have disabled the nvidia repo, and now use the 'nv' driver, and all
works as before. Except I guess some things are now done in software
that, a little over a week ago, were done in hardware...

Just install the 256.* nvidia driver. The 260 has been a problem child since
it came out.

I *always* download from nvidia myself and install the way it's said to do.
I've yet to have a problem afterwards in 3 or 4 years so far.

--
God and religion - one a figment of an timid psyche and overactive imagination,
the other for the simple and weak-minded. Both, nothing but trouble since it