Re: [opensuse] What is most popular / best - mythtv or vdr ?
On 1/30/2011 5:01 PM, Mike McMullin wrote:
On Sun, 2011-01-30 at 16:42 +0100, Per Jessen wrote:
I am replacing my aging Nokia sat-receiver+ harddisk-recorder, and
thought I'd have a look at building a new one myself. I've known about
vdr (http://www.tvdr.de/) for a few years now, I guess since ct created
ctvdr, but mythtv is relatively new to me. Opinions please - which one
is currently ahead?

I'm running myth-tv, it's got a lot of features, but can be a bear to
setup, and really isn't well supported on oS, I'm currently running
Ubuntu 10.04 LTS. (Note: Charles Phillip Chan, who at least get's the
list has it up and running quite well on oS.) If you are comfortable
with git and compiling from source, I'd suggest you check out
0.24-fixes.

Why not MythBuntu? http://www.mythbuntu.org/
All the grunt work done for you.

I have to say I did not find MythTV to be that hard to set up.
I followed the directions pages and compiled from source.