Re: [opensuse] What is most popular / best - mythtv or vdr ?
On Monday 31 January 2011 02:01:15 Mike McMullin wrote:
On Sun, 2011-01-30 at 16:42 +0100, Per Jessen wrote:
I am replacing my aging Nokia sat-receiver+ harddisk-recorder, and
thought I'd have a look at building a new one myself. I've known about
vdr (http://www.tvdr.de/) for a few years now, I guess since ct created
ctvdr, but mythtv is relatively new to me. Opinions please - which one
is currently ahead?

I'm running myth-tv, it's got a lot of features, but can be a bear to
setup, and really isn't well supported on oS, I'm currently running
Ubuntu 10.04 LTS. (Note: Charles Phillip Chan, who at least get's the
list has it up and running quite well on oS.) If you are comfortable
with git and compiling from source, I'd suggest you check out
0.24-fixes.

I'm running 0.24 from packman on opensuse 11.3. It's a little less stable than
0.23 for me (it's crashed a few times when playing longer videos) but it's
mostly working well

Anders