Re: [opensuse] OpenSUSE 11.3 hangs with Firefox or Google Chrome running.
On 2011/01/23 22:56 (GMT-0500) dwgallien composed:

Btw, you should be able to re-install Firefox without any problem just
renaming .mozilla, and then migrating back your bookmarks file to the
newly created .mozilla. The bookmarks is just an xml file.

When was the last time you examined your FF profile directory? FF hasn't
routinely used xml for bookmarks for many many moons. Now it's in
places.sqlite. Migration and sharing require importing/exporting operations.
They can be exported to bookmarks.html, automatically even via user.js and/or
about:config.

Oops, my bad. I deserve to be spanked for replying past my bed time.

Of course, I meant html, not xml. That said, I'm not aware of a relationship
with places.sqlite. Not that I'm questioning your accuracy, but in the past at
least I have been able to restore a copy of bookmarks.html without any known
problem.