[opensuse] Absolute beginners trouble
Hi,

I am ***ABSOLUTELY NEW*** in the world of linux and IT. Someone told
me to use Linux despite of Windows. I thought and yes it is more
secured that is what I know. Now when I searched for free Linux, I got
numerous OS, probably distros, what is called here. I am highly
confused as to with what start with and know the basic things. As my
job is different but today without computers nothing is there and the
world is going to be digital, so I thought to take suggestions of the
Linux users, experts and developers. Open SUSE name comes at the first
page of google search, or probably at any other search engine.

Now my requirement: Audio-video conversion, watching movies, listening
music, taking prints, secured banks transactions, multimedia, image
editing, CD/DVD burning, and of course net surfing and emailing. All
this I could do in Windows GUI, but I felt some reason to switch to
Linux.

Now what I heard and got to know is that there are numerous OS in
Linux itself. People say Fedora is highly highly secured and good, yes
it could be but is having a very frequent update cycle and much more
technical in nature. For Ubuntu (Long Term Support), I am quite
confused. Cent OS is stable but is like Fedora itself, so is a little
typical, what I guess. Scientific Linux might be good.

But my request is to let me know if Open SUSE is okay for a novice,
especially for the person who is not from softwares but want to use a
linux distro. Secondly, I guess (but don't know) if it would easily
fulfill my purposes without going into the core technical details.
--
Regards,
Parshwa Murdia